Leeds East Academy


What happens if my child still requires extra support?


Only a very small percentage of students require support of an additional nature to that provided by external agencies. In this case the Inclusion Team will discuss the possibility of asking the local authority to undertake an assessment for an Education Health Care Plan. •In this instance we will begin by discussing the process and ask for your permission to proceed.

  • We will collect information from all agencies involved.
  • Evaluate strategies and interventions that have been put in place.
  • Send all the information to the Local Authority.
  • The Local Authority will then hold a panel meeting to discuss your child’s needs   and requirements.

Once the Local Authority receives a request to consider an ECHP application a legal timescale begins. This process is bound by legislation and guidance within the SEND Code of Practice. Throughout this process the support already in place will continue.


<< Back to SEND Information and Local Offer